If you’re interested in a career with The Coleman Group, Inc.,
Submit your resume to 301-794-4918 (fax) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Process Consultant
The 2020 Decennial Asset Management Program is under the Decennial Contracts Execution Office (DCEO). The purpose of the office is to ensure that all assets that are designated as “accountable”, “sensitive” and/or “data bearing (asset contains PII or Title 13 data)” that are purchased, leased or otherwise acquired by federal funds are stringently and accurately accounted for during their entire life-cycle. The failure at any point within the entire life cycle (timeframe of usage) of these assets to exercise full accountability and control has the potential to directly and negatively affect the mission and outcome of the 2020 Decennial.
The Business Process Consultant is part of the Property Management Team (PMT) within DCEO and is responsible for verifying that every asset is received, barcoded, entered, and tracked within an approved system of record. You will be required to act as property officials/property custodians and will be required to access and enter data into the official property system of record. Responsibilities also include the systematic review, audit and inventory of all assets at all locations as necessary. The PMT is responsible for the coordination of efforts with the Field Infrastructure Branch and Field office staff at Regional Census Centers (RCCs), Area Census Offices (ACOs), The Puerto Rico Census Area Office, Data Capture Centers, National Processing Centers, Remote island areas, and other designated locations to ensure the accountability at those locations. You will also work with the PMT to ensure that all assets are retired and sanitized at end of service life.
- Provide guidance, direction and support to Census property officials
- Conduct accountable property inventories as required through the RCCs, ACOs and other designated locations
- Ensure compliance to Census asset management policy throughout the full asset management life cycle.
- Analyze property data input to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Enter asset data into the Sunflower asset management system as required
- Run reports comparing and analyzing data, tracking equipment between the Census Technical Integration vendor system of record and received inventory
- Assist in the development and maintenance of processes, policies, standards, systems and measurements that help effectively manage accountable property both on a daily basis and long-term.
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in Census Decennial property accountability and inventory processes and procedures
- Five (5) to seven (7) years in depth experience with the Census Bureau Sunflower asset management system
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially excel VLOOKUP and data sorting and filtering options
- In-depth knowledge of Census Bureau Field Office Operations as it relates to property accountability
Formal Education & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or business administration or seven years of equivalent experience.
- Associate’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or business administration or 10 years of equivalent experience.
The Coleman Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, political affiliation or belief.