THIS IS A FULL TIME ON-SITE POSITION (NOT A CONTRACTING POSITION / NO TELECOMMUTING).
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and 8 years of professional proposal writing experience required, with at least 5 years of experience in management consulting or professional services environment preferred.
The Proposal Writer is responsible for the development of compelling proposals and other documents. The Proposal Writer will research, write, and format proposals, white papers and other supporting technical documentation for internal and external distribution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Proposal Writer will have experience working in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment where federal proposal responses are developed for federal agency and/or state/commercial Requests for Proposals (RFP). He/She will have the ability to maintain, prioritize and manage a deliverable schedule for proposal reviews and final submission. The Proposal Writer will be expected to draft, write, revise, edit and complete proposal writing materials in a timely manner and to participate in reviews of documents prior to the proposal submittal.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience reading and analyzing RFP requirements; ability to effectively identify and develop proposal strategies/themes/storyboards/discriminators.
- Experience independently writing to and successfully responding to RFP, Task Order Response, PWS, RFI, Data Calls and other government solicitation requirements as needed.
- Experience responding to sole source contracts, sole source and multiple award IDIQs in addition to LPTA, Best Value and T&M contracts.
- Experience gathering information for, drafting, writing, revising, editing, formatting and finalizing relevant proposal sections to include: Company Core Capabilities/Competencies, Past Performance Citations, In-House Staff/Technical SME Experience, Project Understanding Objectives/ Outcomes/Deliverable, Scopes of Work and Implementation, Approach and Methodology, Quality Control and Reporting Methods, Staffing Plans, PMO and Management Plans, Resumes and Organization/Staff credentials sections as needed in addition to proposal documents (to include Proposal Outlines, Compliance Matrices, Table of Contents/Appendices/Acronym lists).
- Experience having served as a book boss; experience effectively conducting proposal color team reviews.
- Must have a minimum of five years of writing and editing experience in a U.S. Federal government-contracting environment. Must have prior experience working in compliance with Federal government procurement regulations. Must have a keen mind for requirements analysis and solution definition, and knowledge of a technical business environment.
- Responsible for ensuring that each assigned proposal is well written, persuasive, and compliant with the Quote Request or RFP requirements, and that it effectively incorporates defined conventions, corporate strategy and themes.
- Must have solid and appropriate communication skills for internal Executive level presentations. Must have excellent organizational and prioritization skills to manage multiple tasks and concurrent projects simultaneously while meeting company commitments including deadlines, quality goals, budget requirements, and customer expectations, in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Experience developing technical content through interviewing or hands-on learning.
- Must have demonstrated problem solving skills and persistence. Must be able to work extended hours, when required.
- Must have good analytical skills allowing for thorough consideration of all aspects associated with opportunity management.
- Must be a fast learner who maintains strong focus on and implements the corporate win strategy throughout the proposal process.
- Must be able to handle and use constructive feedback in order to make needed changes to documents and proposals.
- Must be able to develop good working relationships with people on the proposal writing team and other departments.
- Must be a self-starter able to work both independently and as a team player with a diverse population.
If you’re interested in a career with The Coleman Group, Inc., Submit your resume to 301-794-4918 (fax) or email email@example.com.
The Coleman Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, political affiliation or belief.