The Salesforce Developer position will work within a team of Salesforce Developers, Salesforce Admins, Configuration Managers, and various organizational units. This position will be responsible for technical aspects of Salesforce, including data migration/integration, data quality, systems integration, and custom code.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Technical implementation of Salesforce permission sets, data flows, APEX custom coding.
- Responsible for developing in Visualforce, APEX, and other technologies to build custom code to build a student information system in a higher education and military environment.
- Technical leadership, following best practices including integration and application development, deployment, testing (unit and systems), and iterative refinement.
- Define, communicate, and manage a change management (release) process to develop and implement new applications/code and updates to existing applications/code.
- Following standard and policies set forth within the Information Technology Services Division (ITSD).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or related field is preferred.
- 2+ years previous development experience with Salesforce (Certified Salesforce Developer preferred).
- Solid understanding of and detailed experience with Salesforce architecture and API.
- Detailed experience writing Visualforce and Apex classes and triggers.
- Strong understanding of Oracle relational databases.
- Demonstrative success with multiple Salesforce migration/integration projects.
- Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both customers, leadership, and technical teams.