- Provide front-end, (Graphical User Interface) Blackboard Learning Management System and Content System administration.
- Develop and maintain web-based training resources.
- Provide Instructional Design assistance to faculty and staff.
- Assist faculty and staff with one-on-one or group training.
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct training for newer versions of Blackboard after upgrades.
- Serve as a secondary point of contact (POC) for Blackboard support cases
- Diagnose and resolve Blackboard problems in response to client inquiries via WHD tickets.
- Research, evaluate, and provide feedback on problematic Blackboard client usage trends and patterns.
- Creation, modification, management, and termination of client Blackboard accounts.
- Educate clients as to the potential for and application of learning management system(s) and common commercial off-the-shelf application software packages (e.g., Google Apps, Microsoft Word/Excel./ PowerPoint, etc.) in meeting mission needs.
- Provide Backup application administration for other web-based applications as assigned such as Ungerboeck Event Management System, Tripleplay Digital Video, etc.
The Coleman Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, political affiliation, or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. For accommodation requests or assistance with this form, contact The Coleman Group HR at 301-794-4914 or firstname.lastname@example.org.