A Senior Data Scientist that will engage in the performance of research, development and implementation of data science methods in economic measurement programs. Formulates solutions and recommendations to identified challenges. Works with staff across the Economic Directorate on the implementation of formulated solutions in production operations.
- Acquire, process, and clean data
- Integrate and store data
- Perform data investigation and exploratory data analysis
- Choose potential models and algorithms
- Understand and maintain machine learning-based tools
- Perform statistical analysis
- (BS/MS/PhD) and experience in statistics, data science, data analytics, quantitative social science, operations research, engineering or computer science
- A minimum 2 years of experience applying machine learning, natural language processing, or reasoning systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment and collaborate with subject matter experts.
- Demonstrate experience solving problems with data.
- Demonstrate creativity, initiative, integrity, and leadership abilities
Depth of experience and current skills in at least two of the following data science areas:
- Mathematical techniques to understand and interpret data.
- Computational or programming techniques to create reusable and scalable solutions.
- Interaction or visualization techniques to enable clarity in interpreting data and making decisions
- Experience with statistical programming languages such as R, Python, and SAS.