The Coleman Group, Inc. (Coleman), is seeking a Senior Oracle Database Administrator with Extensive WebLogic/Fusion Middleware experience. This position will work as part of the team dedicated to ensuring that we are maximizing efficiency and capitalizing on the full features and benefits of the system based on the various user group needs.
- Database Administrators must be fluent with the inner workings of a highly available Oracle environment.
- Must have extensive experience with all components within an integrated Oracle platform (both 11g and 12c) and be able to install, configure, patch, and upgrade them without requiring external support. Exceptions will be understood in extraordinary circumstances.
- It is imperative that the SDBA have expert knowledge of the installation, configuration, and operation of the Oracle WebLogic Server
- Must be fluent with Structures Query Language (SQL) in order to retrieve data from the system, test system access, and make recommendations regarding application performance.
- Oracle Quarterly Patching – Research, certify, test, and deploy patches as required. Must be prepared to work flexible hours in case downtime is required to execute patches.
- Upgrading Oracle Components – Must be able to research, certify, plan, and execute upgrades to any of the components within the 11g and 12c environments.
- Performance and Resource Planning – Must be able to evaluate the overall environment and make recommendations for resource capacity configuration (Storage, CPU, Memory), and make changes to the system when improvements are identified.
- Troubleshooting – Must be able to apply sound technical skills for resolving problems when outages occur, or performance is being degraded by an unidentified problem
- Mulesoft Salesforce Interface
Applicant must be a US Citizen
This position is a full-time, onsite, contract position in Annapolis, Maryland.
At least five (5) years of professional experience and familiarity with the majority of the skills listed below:
Extensive experience installing and configuring the latest versions of the following environmental elements:
- Oracle WebLogic Suite
- Oracle WebLogic Server Management Pack for Enterprise Edition
- Oracle Database Enterprise Edition 10g, 11g R1/R2, and 12c
- Oracle Real Application Clusters
- Oracle Grid Infrastructure
- Oracle Access Manager
- Oracle Data Integrator
- Oracle Virtual Directory
- Oracle Directory Services Manager
- Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite
- Oracle Diagnostic Pack
- Oracle Fusion Middleware
- Oracle Data Guard
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Oracle GoldenGate
- Oracle Management Pack for Oracle GoldenGate
- All in a Multi-node, Oracle RAC environment
- On the Solaris Unix, RedHat Linus, and Oracle Cloud platforms
Coleman Group offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, and paid time off.
Coleman Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.