The Coleman Group, Inc. (Coleman) is delighted to announce the commemoration of our 20th anniversary in delivering dedicated information technology solutions to federal, state, and local government agencies. A woman-owned small business, Coleman has its corporate offices located in Greenbelt, MD. Throughout the past two decades, our commitment has been unparalleled in addressing business challenges and customizing our services to align with the unique needs of our clients. Renowned for our platinum-level service, we have earned a reputation as a premier IT solutions provider.
As we mark this significant milestone, we wish to extend our heartfelt gratitude to our clients, partners, and employees for their unwavering dedication and contributions to our success. Our commitment to delivering the highest quality IT solutions remains steadfast, and we eagerly anticipate the opportunity to continue serving our clients and employees.
In celebration of 20 years of excellence, Coleman highlights below 20 notable accomplishments:
1. Starting out as home office in the basement to a high-rise office Corporate Capital Office Park. The Coleman Group expanded from a 150 sq. ft home basement office to the expansive metro-accessible Corporate Capital Office Park in Greenbelt, MD. An office that is Metro accessible, and part of 6 buildings totaling 815, 000 sq ft, “Class A” office space
2. Personnel growth from one person (Mrs. Coleman) to more than 80 employees
3. Provided adjudication services for 600,00 schedule A government employees in support of the 2010 Decennial Census (The U.S. Census Decennial as established by the U.S. Constitution)
4. Developed best procurement practices for Department of Transportation grantees and conducted training in 50 states for more than 10 years
5. Provided Centers for Disease Control support for the prevention of chronic disease through strategic planning, implementation, and evaluation of communication and marketing activities; the development and implementation of communication and production operations, projects, and strategies
6. Earned Bronze Partner Status with ESRI (Environmental Systems Research Institute Inc.) for over a decade; Coleman is a continuing contributor to the ESRI Arc User and Arc Magazines, providing content to share our knowledge and expertise with the broader GIS community worldwide.
7. Featured in Black Enterprise’s national publication as a key Department of Transportation successful Small Business
8. Provided systems engineering support for the United States Naval Academy for over ten years
9. Provided security services to maintain authority for Department of Labor information technology systems
10. Instrumental in creating the Department of Transportation Women and Girls transportation program, White House initiative championed by First Lady Michelle Obama
11. Provided program and IT Asset Management for 1M devices for the 2020 Decennial Census
12. Established the Powell Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Coleman, and donated over half a million dollars to date to enhance education opportunities for deserving students seeking to further their education
13. Designed the Census Bureau’s Household Pulse Survey data to disseminate real-time federal and state data for COVID-19 response and recovery planning
14. Funded groundbreaking research to save lives during COVID-19 pandemic
15. Received Diversity Business Top Business Award
16. Provided Department of Defense IPPSA system design and engineering services to provide integrated HR capabilities across all Army components
17. Coleman established the John Lewis “Good Trouble Scholarship” in honor of the congressional and civil rights leader, John Lewis
18. Awarded South Council Economic Development Association (SCEDA) ‘Entrepreneur of the Year Award’
19. Awarded the Women’s Business Journal, Women Who Mean Business Award for 25 Influential and Trailblazing Women in Washington, D.C.
20. Presented the Association of the U.S. Army Community Partner Award